It could be a banner week for FNPL. We stand to have as many as 6 guests, 50/50 guys and gals. I want to say thanks and give a link back to K at A Yoga Coffee Outlook. She's going to be one of our guests this Friday and it's her first time on a podcast.
Here are this week's topics:
1. The summer blockbuster movie schedule is fast upon us. There's lots of mutant and superhero action coming and plenty of comedy and adventure too. What movies are you looking forward to this summer?
2. Do you do any sort of exercise or physical activity that requires training or special skills? How did you come to take it up? What makes you keep doing it?
3. I had the occasion to see Itzhak Perlman play this week. In my mind, he defines the term virtuoso. He takes his natural gifts and fulfills their potential. What examples of virtuosity have you seen in your experiences? Is it ultimately better to be a master of something or to be merely good at many things?
4. Do you ever think humans will be able to stop the aging process? Would you take advantage of it if we had the technology? Would you have surgery to make yourself look younger? How far would you go?
5. Few people would run their lives based on astrology, yet just as we have fun opening fortune cookies, most of us know our our astrological signs. Some of us may even know a bit more. Do you ever say "that explains a lot" when you find out someone's sign? Do you read your horoscope at least every once in a while? Why does astrology still have enough pull today to appear in the newspaper?
6. On NewScientist.com, there's an article about a new robot suit "that could help older people or those with disabilities to walk or lift heavy objects." This suit is sleeker and less cumbersome than some of the bulky things that have been available in the past. Is the age of the iron man here? Have you seen the YouTube video of the guy with these spring stilts on his feet jumping around Las Vegas? It's just another example.
7. There have been many TV shows based on animals (Mr. Ed, Flipper) and many commercials based on animals (Geccos, Tuna). What is your favorite TV animal and why?
8. There's an article from the AP this week that says women can look at a guy's face and tell which guy is interested in becoming a father. Then they can also which ones they are interested in for "short term romantic partners." Is this real?
9. Generally speaking, women live longer than men. I have an article that claims to know why. Why do you think that is?
10. I put up a link in my del.icio.us to peekvid.com. It's television shows that you can watch online. They have 24, Boston Legal, The Daily Show even Thundercats! I'm not sure that that site is particularly legal, but there are lots of sites that are. I have a computer hooked up to a television upstairs. Is the average person going to start watching TV from his or her computers with content delivered from the internet?